Gregory F. Donahue
Greg joined our firm in 2014. He primarily handles prosecution cases as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Alexandria. Before starting with the firm, Greg served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ann L. Carrott in Alexandria.
Originally from New Jersey, Greg has spent a majority of his life in the Midwest. He graduated cum laude from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois with a double major in music and business administration. He earned his juris doctorate in 2012 from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in Bloomington, Indiana, where he served as a Notes and Comments Editor for the Indiana Law Journal.
Greg is licensed to practice law in Minnesota, and is a member of the Douglas County Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association. He is involved locally as President of the Central Lakes Symphony Orchestra Board and member of the board for the Viking Sportsmen. He is also active with the Alexandria Area Young Professionals, Leadership Alexandria, and Alexandria Rotary.
Greg, his wife, Lesley, and their children can often be found camping, fishing, hiking, and enjoying everything the Alexandria area has to offer. Greg and Lesley also perform frequently as violinists with the Central Lakes Symphony Orchestra and other local groups.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Matters
- Criminal Law
- Minnesota, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2017
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 05/2012
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Music
- Major: Business Administration concentrating in Marketing
- Note: The Sky is Not Falling: The Effect of a Performance Right on the Radio Market, 87 Ind. L.J. 1287 (2012)
Honors and Awards
- Top 20 Under 40 Young Professional - Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Douglas County Bar Association, 2014 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Minnesota's 7th Judicial District, Law Clerk, 2013 to 2014
- Gregory F. Donahue Attorney at Law, Attorney, 2013 to 2013