- Associate Attorney
Katelyn started at the firm in 2018. She is a native to the Alexandria area and graduated from Jefferson Senior High School in 2011. Her passion for litigation and advocacy began as a participant in the Douglas County Teen Court program. Katelyn's primary areas of practice include municipal prosecution, employment law and general practice.
Katelyn graduated from the University of South Dakota in 2015 with her Bachelors in Criminal Justice and Philosophy. She received her juris doctorate from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota. As part of her law school education, Katelyn completed the Health Care Compliance Certificate Program.
While in law school, Katelyn dedicated herself to various volunteer projects through the Minnesota Justice Foundation, and was awarded the Law School Public Service Award for completing over 150 hours of volunteer service. Additionally, Katelyn was selected as a Fellow for the Marshall Brennan Constitutional Law Literacy Project. The project places law students in high school classrooms to teach Constitutional law five days a week for ten weeks. She also received the CALI Excellence of the Future Award for receiving the top grade in her Advanced Advocacy course.
Outside of law school, Katelyn worked for the St. Paul City Attorney's office in the Civil Litigation Division, where she was responsible for writing motions and doing legal research on various legal topics including the Fourth Amendment, Civil Rights Law, and Municipal Liability. Before joining the firm, Katelyn served as a law clerk for the Honorable Cynthia L. McCollum and Thomas W. Pugh.
Katelyn is very excited to be back in the community she always considered "home". She and her husband live in Alexandria and enjoy bowling, spending weekends at the cabin and being outdoors.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Minnesota, 2018
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of South Dakota
- B.A. - 2015
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Criminal Justice and Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- American Mock Trial Association All-Region Attorney
- American Association of Justice Regional Champion (Mock Trial)
- Law School Public Service Award
- CALI Excellence of the Future Award - Advanced Advocacy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association , 2018 to Present
- Douglas County Bar Association, 2018 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Minnesota Judicial Branch, Judicial Law Clerk, 2018 to 2018
- St. Paul City Attorney's Office, Law Clerk, 2017 to 2018
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity